The Pleco Chinese Dictionary is one of the most comprehensive Chinese dictionaries available on the market. It contains over 20,000 words and phrases, and over 100,000 characters. The dictionary can be used to look up words in both simplified and traditional Chinese, and includes both pinyin and Zhuyin annotations. It also includes a number of features that make it easier to use, such as stroke order diagrams and example sentences.
This article is all about helping you get to know the Pleco Chinese Dictionary for PC better and install it on your PC. Here are the technical specifications you want to know about beforehand:
Download & Install Pleco Chinese Dictionary For PC: Windows 10/8/7
You can download and install the Pleco Chinese Dictionary for PC using the Nox player android emulator. Here are the steps you need to follow to install it on your computer alongside the step to install the Pleco Chinese Dictionary.
- Step 1: You have to download the Nox player emulator on your computer. It will store in the Downloads folder of your PC.
- Step 2: Double click on the downloaded installer, click Yes, and let the Nox Player be installed on your computer.
- Step 3: Within NOX Player, you’ll see the Play Store Icon on the top portion of it. Go ahead, click on it, and open up the store.
- Step 4: If you’re not logged in, make sure you log into your Gmail or Play store account using email and password.
- Step 5: Search for Pleco Chinese Dictionary on the search bar that you’ll see in the play store app. This will show you the app.
- Step 6: Click on the Pleco Chinese Dictionary and click install to start downloading it on your computer and installing it.
- Step 7: Wait for a few minutes and NOX player will add a shortcut button to the desktop and the homepage.
- Step 8: You can double click on the shortcut icon and start using the Pleco Chinese Dictionary on your computer right away.
|App Name:||Pleco Chinese Dictionary On Your PC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Books & Reference|
|Updated on:||Aug 10, 2022|
|Get it On:|
Pleco Chinese Dictionary Andorid App Summary
The Pleco Chinese Dictionary was developed by the popular developer agency named Pleco. They have the Pleco Chinese Dictionary in the Books & Reference category of the Google Play Store. You can find the latest version, which is 3.2.87, on Play store now.
As it has a hefty 4555826 user base, you can rely on it for the job it does. For the user rating, you’re looking at a 4.7 rating for ease of use and how well it works. With Pleco Chinese Dictionary latest features, good ratings, and frequent updates, you’ll be happy with it.
Aug 10, 2022 was the last date the Pleco Chinese Dictionary was updated with new features. If you want to use the Pleco Chinese Dictionary on your computer, you have to use an emulator like BlueStacks, NOX player, and Memu Emulator.
Using these can be overwhelming. But, no worries, we’ve got your back. We’ll guide you to install the emulator and the Pleco Chinese Dictionary using the emulator later on.
Pleco Chinese Dictionary App Overview and Details
Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion – an integrated Chinese English dictionary / document reader / flashcard system with fullscreen handwriting input and live camera-based character lookups, from a company with 17 years’ experience making mobile Chinese learning software.
Major features: ($ = paid add-on)
• Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries – CC-CEDICT and our in-house PLC dictionary – which together cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin. We offer 8 more free dictionaries as optional downloads, including a 22,000-entry Cantonese-English dictionary, and 19 other great dictionaries are available as paid upgrades. ($)
• Handwriting input: lookup unknown characters by drawing them, with a best-in-class recognition engine. (basic version free, enhanced version $)
• Live Optical Character Recognizer (OCR): look up Chinese words in the dictionary simply by pointing your device’s camera at them, or by scrolling around a still image. ($)
• Screen Reader/OCR: instantly tap-lookup Chinese words in other apps through a floating interface; works on Android 4.1 and later. (reader free, OCR $)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks and tone drills. (simple version free, full-featured $)
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear male + female native-speaker audio for Chinese dictionary headwords; recordings available for over 34,000 words. (stitched-syllable free, multi-syllable $) Or listen to example sentences with text-to-speech (system TTS free, enhanced $).
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces/tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each Chinese character; 500 in free app, 28,000 in paid add-on.
• Voice Recognition: look up words by speaking them into your device’s microphone.
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text or PDF file and look up unknown words in the dictionary simply by tapping on them. ($) You can also look up characters on web pages through “Share” and in other documents through the clipboard. (free)
• PRC- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order, search, OCR, and handwriting), and supports Zhuyin (with ruby support) as well as Pinyin for pronunciation display.
• Cantonese: display headwords + perform searches in Jyutping/Yale romanization. We also offer Cantonese dictionary and Cantonese audio add-ons. (some $)
• No ads: we won’t even nag you about buying add-ons.
We also offer excellent customer support – send us an email and see for yourself – and an active user community at plecoforums.com.
We’ve been making Chinese dictionary apps since 2000, and our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 17 years across four different platforms. We take good care of our longtime users: people who bought a dictionary on a Palm Pilot in 2001 can still use that dictionary on a new Android phone in 2020 without even paying an upgrade fee.
Paid add-ons can be moved to a new device like any other paid app; just open our free app on your new device and they should reactivate.
If you already own Pleco on another OS, see pleco.com/android for migration options.
This app uses Accessibility services. (for our Screen Reader feature, which helps users to get by in Chinese-speaking regions without knowing Chinese)
Features of Pleco Chinese Dictionary for PC
dictionary entry to look it up, or view all the entries where it appears.
– 130,000 Chinese words and 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin
– 8 free dictionaries available for download
– 34,000 audio pronunciations
– Flashcard system with advanced features
– Import premade word lists
– Lookup words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces/tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search
– Tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to look it up
Whats New In this Pleco Chinese Dictionary?
The Pleco Chinese Dictionary application is a great tool for learning and practicing the Chinese language. The dictionary has a large database of words and definitions, and the user interface is easy to use. The application can be used to lookup words, listen to pronunciations, and practice writing characters. The Pleco Chinese Dictionary application is a great tool for students of the Chinese language, and it is sure to help them improve their language skills.
Before we complete the guide, do you have more questions regarding the emulator above or the Pleco Chinese Dictionary of any kind? Don’t feel grounded, just let us know, and we’ll help you resolve it.
We refer the ownership of This Pleco Chinese Dictionary to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Pleco Chinese Dictionary and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at amadis-soft, we also don’t use our own server to download the Pleco Chinese Dictionary. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Pleco Chinese Dictionary.
If you have any query about the app or about amadis-soft, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.