Termux is a powerful terminal emulator that provides a Linux environment without the need for a separate PC. This makes it a popular choice for developers and system administrators who need to work on Linux systems, but don’t have access to a physical machine. Termux can be installed on most Android devices, and includes a wide variety of Linux commands and utilities.
The latest Termux for PC has come up with a few updates that are better than the previous version. Want to know those? Here are they:
Termux Andorid App Summary
Fredrik Fornwall has developed the Termux for Android. You can find it under the Tools category on Play Store. Since its inception, Termux has got over 25567028+ users on board. For the user rating, it is currently holding a 4.2 rating and the latest version of it is null
The latest update of Termux is Sep 29, 2020 for phones. You can’t use it on your PC directly. So, you have to use an Android emulator like BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc.
No worries, we will discuss the methods to run it on your computer using the emulators whether you use a PC or Mac. Follow the methods we’ve discussed below.
Termux App Overview and Details
NOTE: If you’re having issues with installing or updating packages – see https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/wiki/Package-Management
NOTE: Updates over Google Play is currently halted due to technical reasons. In the meantime, see https://github.com/termux/termux-app#installation for alternative installation sources.
Termux combines powerful terminal emulation with an extensive Linux package collection.
• Enjoy the bash and zsh shells.
• Manage files with nnn and edit them with nano, vim or emacs.
• Access servers over ssh.
• Develop in C with clang, make and gdb.
• Use the python console as a pocket calculator.
• Check out projects with git.
• Run text-based games with frotz.
At first start a small base system is downloaded – desired packages can then be installed using the apt package manager. Access the built-in help by long-pressing anywhere on the terminal and selecting the Help menu option to learn more.
Want to read the wiki?
Want to ask questions, report bugs or give feedback?
Want to join the Termux IRC chat?
#termux on freenode
Features of Termux for PC
1. Bash and zsh shells are available.
2. File management with nnn and editing with nano, vim or emacs.
3. Access servers over ssh.
4. Develop in C with clang, make and gdb.
5. Use the python console as a pocket calculator.
6. Check out projects with git.
7. Run text-based games with frotz.
8. A small base system is downloaded initially and desired packages can then be installed using the apt package manager.
9. The built-in help can be accessed by long-pressing anywhere on the terminal and selecting the Help menu option.
10. Questions, bug reports and feedback can be submitted at https://termux.com/community.
Install “Termux” on PC: Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
Installing Termux on your PC won’t seem a big deal as it’s now, but only if you use NOX app player on your computer. It’s one of the most popular Android emulators you can use today. Let’s get you through the process of how to install Termux on your PC using NOX:
- First off, you need to download the NOX player on your computer from here and install it by double clicking the installer.
- The installation will take a few minutes depending on how fast your PC is. Then, click on launch and run the emulator.
- Inside the emulator, you can see the Google Play store icon on the top right corner area. Click on it.
- Play store will ask you to log into your account. Here, use your Google email and password to log in.
- Then, you can see the play store interface. On the search bar, you need to type Termux and hit enter to search for it.
- Once the results come up, you can see the Termux as the first result. Hit install under this result and it will download and install on your PC.
- After installation, you can launch the app from the shortcut button or directly from the Play store form the Open button.
|App Name:||Termux On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||Fredrik Fornwall|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Sep 29, 2020|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this Termux?
• Terminal emulation: fix handling of DECRQM sequence. Issue #1752.
• Fix crash when using RunCommandService and issue with foreground sessions. Pull request #1764.
• Update bootstrap archives.
Termux is an Android terminal emulator and Linux environment app that works directly on your Android phone. It offers an impressive list of features, including a full bash shell with tab completion, access to the Android file system, support for SSH and telnet, and much more. You can even install additional packages from the Termux package repository to extend its functionality.
So, did you find the guide on how to download the Termux for PC above? If you did, or if you have any questions regarding it, do comment and let us know. We’re here to help.
We refer the ownership of This Termux to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Termux and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at amadis-soft, we also don’t use our own server to download the Termux. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Termux.
If you have any query about the app or about amadis-soft, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.